The Whuffie Bank is a nonprofit organization dedicated to building a new currency based on your online reputation. Your Whuffie is calculated by tracking and analyzing your activity on social networks.
We take your privacy very seriously.
All the data we collect and use is already publicly available on the Internet, except when you give us additional information and authorize us explicitly to use it.
The Whuffie Bank collects the following types of information:
- Personal information provided by you (e.g. username, contact email).
- Third party information provided by you that is publically accessible (e.g. a public Twitter feed, your public profile on LinkedIn).
- Usage information (collected through cookies and log files).
Use made of this information
As a general rule, information provided by you will be used exclusively by us for the purposes of delivering the best possible service and user experience.
- If you have a publicly available profile (for example a Twitter profile which is not set to 'private' or a have chosen to make information on a Facebook or LinkedIn or other profile public), we will (in common with many other services on the Internet) index and present some information from this profile. If you do not wish to have this profile available publicly on the The Whuffie Bank, please click on “Delete Your Account” at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
- However, please note that in common with other indexing services, our crawlers will continue to index any public profiles. We recommend that if you do not want to be indexed by The Whuffie Bank (or similar services) that you set the appropriate privacy controls within 3rd party applications like Facebook or Twitter. You can learn how to do this by visiting those sites directly.
- We will use Personal Information provided by you to set up your Member Profile, which is your public face on the site, as well as to register your preferences.
- We will share rankings and Whuffie balances/salaries calculated for you with other users. Such information is automatically available on our public site.
- We will not share your email address with third parties (save as described below in point 7) unless you explicitly allow us to.
- No personally identifiable information, that is not already publicly available, will be provided to third parties except as mandated by law.
If you have have any doubts about how The Whuffie Bank handles your information, please send us an e-mail to [email protected].